Thursday, October 30, 2008

Repeats

After taking yesterday off (I was supposed to run 3 "easy" miles), I decided opted to go through with today's scheduled repeats. While Tuesday's repeats were 4 x 400m at 5k pace, today's were 3 x 1 mile at marathon pace. I really am not quite sure about those paces, but used my own subjective, exertion level scale.

For completing my first marathon, I've decided to reward myself with some sort of device to replace my Nike Plus. My training will definitely benefit from the feedback and motivation. I had been considering a GPS/heart rate watch from Timex, but I've now settled on the Forerunner 305 from Garmin. It's rather large for a wrist watch, but can double as a bike computer and is apparently quite accurate.

Tomorrow is a rest day, but I may run a few "easy" miles or hop on the bike.

No comments: