Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Final Countdown

9 hours until the marathon. At this point, I'm really hoping to just finish the race as all that is left now is the dotting of i's and crossing of t's. Hopefully, my training will prove sufficient to get me through the entire race. I'll know soon enough.

I enjoyed a large dinner consisting of angel hair pasta with sauteed squash and roasted sweet potatoes. Hopefully I won't regret that tomorrow morning.

My breakfast plans are not yet confirmed, but will likely involve some toast, maybe a granola bar, a handful of Crispix? Not really sure how I'll eat as I am sure my stomach will be a bit nervous (being unaccustomed to being awake at 6:30am).

I'll be bringing along several gels, some energy gummies and some Jelly Belly Sport Beans to be downed 30 minutes or so before the race.

So, this is it. I'll check back in if I survive the race.

1 comment:

Eric said...

K I C K A R S E , you angel-hair-fueled maniac, you!