Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blogging Hiatus

It's been over a week since I've checked in here. I likely would have gone longer had someone not emailed to remind me that I'm supposedly maintaining a weblog. In any case, when I tried to post yesterday, Google informed me that this blog had been removed because it fit the profile of a spamblog. While these posts may be thoughtless, I'm pretty sure they're not technically spam. Then again, I have been promoting Nike and Apple, so perhaps it's a bit of a borderline spamblog. In any case, Google has graciously re-granted my access to this blog, so here's the past week:

I may have lost some mental momentum, which caused some blogging apathy. However, in the past week, I have managed to complete all of my runs. I've acquired a new Nike Plus receiver as the old one crapped out on a long run. It occurred to me this past Sunday (on another long run) that the accelerometer-powered Nike Plus may not be the best tool for the job. If only one could use a GPS-enabled device, then one would have a more objective measure of one's pace, distance, etc. It turns out, I can't even train for a marathon without a satellite. Well, with a little research, I found that such devices exist. Garmin makes them, as do others. They even come in a slightly over-sized wrist- watch-sized package. If anyone wants to buy me one, I'll gladly accept.

Oh, and since I've last posted, I've covered 33 miles.

No comments: